Friday, November 4, 2011

Two special people...

Hello everyone!

Today is day four of the Heart of Thanks series.
Want to join in? Just click on the Link above in the red-ish letters to see the full list.

Today I am thankful for two special people. Today I'm thankful for my Grandmothers.

I'll start with my Mema. Though, neither one of them is more important than the other!


My Mema has dementia which is very hard, but I still love her dearly. Some of my favorite things about my Mema is from a very young age the memory of her singing and playing the piano. She has always had the most beautiful voice. I also loved to hear her tell me stories of growing up on a farm and about her family. Mema and I used to play the matching game a lot and she would always tell me that I was really good at it. I love my Mema and the beautiful heart she has. She has always encouraged me to seek God and make wise choices in life. Even though in many ways I've lost the Mema she used to be, she is still extremely special to me.

Daddy God, I'm thankful for Mema. Help me honor her even more.


Now I would like to share about my Grandma.


My Grandma is amazing. She is tall, loving, and well...stubborn. But, I love her anyway. She has a precious dog named G.G. and lives all the way in Alaska. The distance between us is great, but that only makes my love for her greater. On of my favorite memories is of the times we sat and just talked when I spent a bit of the summer in Alaska with her. We had some really wonderful talks and she often told me she is proud of me and the young woman I'm becoming. I also happen to love her sense of humor. She has no qualms with teasing me.

Daddy God, I'm thankful for Grandma. She is so precious and special to me. Help me also better honor her.


I would like to end with one of my favorite quotes of something Grandma once told me on the phone-

I told my Grandma, “I love you.”
She told me, “I love you one mark more.”

Is there someone special you are thankful for today?

Blessings,
Sarah

P.S. I've been feeling rather crummy health wise today and running a low grade fever, but I knew I wasn't going to be able to sleep until I finished writing what was on my heart. Tomorrow is a new day and hopefully I'll feel better. 

Heart of thanks photo credit goes to Jen.

2 comments:

  1. Hello sweet Sarah, i love your post today...my Baba & Nanny were both amazing grammas and i miss them dearly...i really love your loveley blog & thank-you for the thoughtful gift...it looks great on my blog..take care and enjoy your weekend ttfn Lana :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lana!

    I'm glad you had two lovely Grandmothers too!
    If you don't mind my asking, how did you come about calling on of them Baba? I haven't heard that particular naming for a grandmother before. It's lovely. =)

    Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoy my blog. =)

    You're very welcome! I'm so glad that I decided to make that header for you.

    I hope you have a lovely weekend too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!