Thursday, November 3, 2011

A month of thankfulness...

So far this month I've been blogging consistently. I would like to continue that through out this month.

I was just inspired by the lovely Sarah to take part in making the whole month of November a time of giving thanks. Sarah was inspired by Jen who has put together the Heart of Thanks-30 Days of Thanksgiving.

I think it is a lovely idea! Today I will begin with Sarah and Jen in a month of thankfulness. My goal is to write a post in response to the prompt of the day for the rest of the month. I will still be writing other post though! In fact, I have some fun stuff planned for this month that I'm looking forward to sharing.

Without further rambling here is day one, two, and three of Heart of Thanks!


Day One- Daddy God, I thank you for my beautiful Momma. She is beautiful not only on the outside, but beautiful in how selfless, caring, and loving she is. Even last night when she was feeling rotten she took the time to come show "I love you" in sign language to Sissy and I before bed. She used her hands to express love because she had no voice. She is beautiful and I'm so thankful for her.

I love you, Momma.

Day Two- My dog's wanting to snuggle made me smile. Waking up with lines of poetry dancing about in my mind pleading to be put to a page is still making me smile. It's like waking up with a song on your lips, a smile on your face, or a joyful sound gracing your ears. Thank You for the gift of puppy dogs with brown eyes and the gift of poetic inspiration.


Flickr: Link

Day Three- Am I facing a trial of some sort? Yes. I daily face the trials that come with my health issues. I have good days, not so good days, and horrible days, yet I'm learning to life joyfully in the midst of it all. I'm thankful for the amazingly supportive family that has never doubted me, supports me, and goes out of their way to encourage me. I'm also thankful that I've been slowly improving after being in a very bad health place at the start of the year. I've come a long way and I'm immensely thankful for that. 

What are you thankful for today?

Blessings,
Sarah 

Heart of thanks photo credit goes to Jen.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea of thankfulness! Is there a list somewhere of what each day's thanking assignment is? I always feel like I am nowhere NEAR thankful enough for the amount that God has blessed me, and this is a great way to spend a little more time pondering the good things. Thanks for the reminder:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The red-ish letters in the post that say "Heart of Thanks" or "Heart of Thanks- 30 days Thanksgiving" are links that will take you to the full list blog post by clicking on them.

    Here is the link in just plain link form too: http://shecollects.blogspot.com/2011/11/new-month-new-goal.html

    I think it is a great way to grow in the area of thankfulness!
    Another resource I would suggest is the book One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. Ann writes beautifully like a poet and her book is extremely thought provoking and inspiring.
    It has really changed the way I view thankfulness. =)

    I’m glad that I came across the month of Heart of Thanks and that by sharing I’m connecting you with it too!

    Thanks for leaving a comment. =)
    Have a great Friday!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!