Saturday, November 12, 2011

Learning to dream spark again...

Hello everyone!

I hope you’re having a marvelous weekend so far!

A few days ago I wrote a post about dream sparks. (If you haven't read that yet, this post might make more sense if you read that first.) 


Flickr: Link

Today I wanted to write a bit of what has been on my own heart lately when it comes to dreaming. At the beginning of this year my health was terrible. I honestly felt the worst I had ever felt before. From January to sometimes late this summer I honestly stopped dreaming. Part of the time I was simply too focused on surviving the daily issues and pain that I was experiencing to take time to dream. Then I became so focused on the loss of my old dreams. I had given Daddy God the desires and dream sparks that I had when I was healthy, but I honestly was mourning them. I've always been a planner and my plans seemed so set before I began this health journey. It was hard to set them aside.

Over this journey and time He has been helping me give Him my dreams. And, as the old dreams are placed on a sort of shelf where if He so chooses, one day I may have them again to spark and light reality candles. Or, those past dreams may never spark again. Yet, even in the midst of surrendering things that mean a lot to me, He is so good. Almost without my realizing it, He has begun to help me dream again!
He didn't just ask for the old dreams and leave me with nothing. After a season of grieving He is helping me to dream new dream sparks. 

I can't tell you how joyful I am! I'm so thankful for the new dreams He is placing within me and helping me fuel. I don't know how things are going to unfold. Tomorrow is a new day and not even guaranteed, but I am so thankful for the work He is doing in me.

He is helping me not be afraid of dream sparks that He grants.
He is helping me prayerfully consider reality candles.

Some dreams sparks may not end in reality candles being lit, but I'm trusting Him.  
He knows the desires of my heart yet He also knows what I truly need.
He sees the whole picture.

Proverbs 16:8 says-
"The heart of man plans his way,
but the Lord establishes his steps."

So, though I plan and dream in my heart I ask and trust that as I seek Him, He will establish my steps.
As some of my dream sparks are fueled and tended I hope to share this journey of maybe even lighting reality candles.

I'm dream sparking again.  I'm so thankful that He is and has been helping me over the past few months dream spark new dreams again.

Have you ever set dreams aside and had new ones come and take their place later on?
Has it ever been hard to let go off previous plans or dreams?


Have a truly blessed rest of your weekend!

Simply,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Dreaming again...YES! I think the devil HATES it when we dream and tries do anything to snuff it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true, Lindsey!
    Thank you for your comment. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!