Friday, November 18, 2011

Heart of thanks- days 16-18...



Day 16- I'm thankful for this home. This roof over my head, the warmth it brings in winter and the cool it brings in summer. I'm thankful for power and clean running water. I'm thankful for it. I don't care if it isn't in perfect condition or if there are imperfections. I don't care if there is a bit of worn paint there or chipped tile there- it is beautiful. I'm so grateful for this house that is a home because of the love of family.

Day 17- I'm so thankful for family. Family that makes a house a home. Family that loves, hugs, nurtures, and encourages. I'm thankful for family that isn't family by blood, yet we are still related. I'm thankful for my precious Mema that I'll see tomorrow, for my Aunt and Uncle coming to town next week, for the rest of the family that I'll see on Thanksgiving day, and the family that I won't be able to see such as my other Uncle and Grandma. I'm so thankful for everyone.

Day 18- I'm not married. In fact I'm currently very single.
But, I'm going to take today to be thankful for my parent's marriage. I'm so thankful for my parent's marriage. I'm thankful for the example that they set and for the commitment they have. It isn't perfect, it isn't a fairytale that ended in happily ever after, after the wedding, but it is special. By grace they choose to grow, to say sorry, to forgive, to grant grace, and to make needed changes. I'm so thankful for their marriage.

Thank You Daddy God for the many gifts and blessings You have blessed me with. I'm so thankful!


What are you thankful for today, friends?

Simply,
Sarah

Heart of thanks photo credit goes to Jen. If you want to join in the Heart of Thanks series click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!