Friday, November 18, 2011

Guest post: Thankfulness...

Good morning everyone! 

Today I want to share a guest post from the lovely blogger Sarah from on the brightside!  
I recently contacted her asking if she would be interested in writing a guest post on thankfulness. She sweetly accepted and I'm excited to share her lovely thoughts and picture with all of you. Enjoy!


I recently heard something that really stuck with me... "Giving thanks always produces joy!"

So often we only show our gratitude to God when life is going good... but as long as we exist on this earth, life will be great sometimes & other times not. True joy is not found in a perfectly happy life, but it is found in giving thanks to the LORD "in all circumstances". I have found that no matter what is happening, there is always something to be thankful for! Realizing how blessed we are & thanking God for those blessings will bring a spring of JOY to our lives! So, let's make a point to thank the LORD for what he has done for us, not just during Thanksgiving, but all year round. 


Here are a few verses that I have been meditating over the last few days, in honor of "Giving Thanks"...

Deuteronomy 8:10-11
"When you have eaten & are satisfied, praise the LORD your God for the good land He has given you. Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God..."

Deuteronomy 8:17-18
"You may say to yourself, 'My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.' But remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth..."

James 1:17
"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."


We have a beautiful reason to give thanks everyday, because we have hope & joy that only comes from the love of God!


Thanks again for doing this guest post Sarah.
I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!