Saturday, November 12, 2011

Authentic People: blog party...





Getting to know you, getting to know all about you…

As I began thinking about writing this post and joining in blog party over at the Authentic People blog party the song from the musical The King and I came to my mind. (Oh yes, I am indeed a partaker in the enjoyment of old musicals. Call it nerdy if you want, but I’ll keep on partaking in that loveliness.)

So, here I am listening to the song while I type this post. I type in hopes of getting to know other bloggers and for them to get to know me too.

My name is Sarah and I have been blogging since April of this year. To me, blogging is a lot of things.
It is a way to express, a way to connect, a way to share, a way to keep in touch, and a way to bless.
My hope for this little blogger abode is that I will build and stay connected with good relationship, share my heart and creativity, and that I will be able to in my own small way encourage and bless others.  

A few quirky and odd things about me are that I’m a musical nerd, I dance and sing rather of key a lot, I’m a tad obsessed with kid's shows, I consider an enjoyable action flick Cars Two, I'm not a big fan of socks so I don't have very good looking feet from running around barefooted, I'm a dreamer, I'm "let's look on the bright-side" sort of person, and I hate tiny spiders.

One of my favorite items in my house is a tea-cup that has the word nurturing in the inside and flowers with green accents on the outside. It was a birthday gift from a very special lady that has blessed me a lot over the years.

I adore animated movies!!! To name a few UP, Wall-E, all Toy Story movies, How to Train Your Dragon, Tangled, and many, many more!

My favorite household chore is sweeping or doing dishes when working/singing with someone else by my side.

If I were suddenly standing in line at a coffee shop I would probably order some form of hot herbal tea.
(I have to avoid most caffeine.)

My favorite pizza topping is zucchini.

I definitely enjoy playing games and a few of my favorites have to be spoons, phase 10, the last word, and Uno.

I’ve never dyed my hair and I don’t ever plan to.

I like hardwood floors to walk about on though carpet is dandy too.

The last thing to make me laugh would have to be a new inside joke that my family keeps bringing up.

The song that just popped in my head was Candlelight by Relient K.

Let's see...a few other odds and ends...
I've always been a word gal, I enjoy crafting of many different types, I wrote my about me page as an imaginative journey, and I seem to connect with people everywhere I go.
My Momma calls me  a mixture of an old soul and child at heart.
I truly enjoy bubbles, balloons, flowers, and spending time with family and friends.
I love musically worshiping outdoors.
My favorite flowers are daisies.
I write poetry.
Sometimes I write songs.
I'm saved by grace and not of myself.
I'm living a life unexpected, but filled with joy.

That is a bit about me.
If you want to get to know me more feel free to browse the blog, my "A bit about me" page, email me or comment with any questions.

I look forward to getting to know you other lovely bloggers that are participating in the blog party! 

Time to burst in song as I'm off to get to know the others that have joined the party.
Here's to getting to know you!

Blessings!

Simply,
Sarah

Photo Credit-Nic Pettersson.



14 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah! I loved all of your fun answers! How to Train your Dragon is such a great movie! I haven't heard much of Relient K, but what I have heard I really like :) I am also saved by grace :) it is really cool that you write songs!!

    Have a great day!
    -maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love those photos of you! The first one is especially fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Old musicals are the best! Some of my favorites are the ones with Fred Astair and/or Ginger Rogers.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you, new friend. Tangled is one of my favorite movies as well. ^.^ I look forward to reading more of your posts!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun!!

    We have a lot in common, Sarah. I like animated movies, too - I cried my eyes out at UP, and my sons still tease me about it! And the Toy Story movies are among the best ever made!

    And I LOVE playing games - all kinds but especially word games and party games...oh, really, just about any kind of game.

    Oh, and I have never died my hair, either, and probably won't ever...even though there are lots of whites coming in now!

    It was fun getting to know you better -

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post and lovely blog. I like that you shaped the format of the blog party to suit you; I changed the questions on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria- Hi Maria!
    Thank you so much! It’s funny because I never would have though How to Train Your Dragon would be such a good movie based on the previews, but it ended up becoming one of my favorites.
    I’m a pretty major fan of Relient K. =)
    I’m glad you are too. =D

    Haha Well, thank you. I usually have to have some of my friends help with the musical composition. I have the melody in my head, but don’t have any instrumental skills to go with it.
    I do love when a new song starts to come to me though.

    I hope you are having a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Emily- Thanks, Emily! A great friend of mine took them as part of a special birthday celebration. (My Dad called it a Sarabration.) I had always had a dream of doing a photo-shoot with balloons and I’m so glad I went for it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Finvarra Penn- Old musicals are wonderful! I’m glad you enjoy them too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joni- It’s nice to meet you too! Thank you for following my blog! I’m glad you look forward to reading more of my posts. Have a wonderful day! (Don’t you think it would be splendid for Tangled to be a Broadway production? I think that would be simply grand! Though, I adore the movie too.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue- Hi Sue!

    We do have a lot in common! Oh! I was worse. I cried my eyes out in UP in the movie theatre! Haha There was a guy sitting in front of me that heard me sniffling and turned around and gave me a look like, “Is she really crying right now?” It was the part when Ellie died.
    I really like UP and it also helps that I have a slight obsession with balloons. haha
    I completely agree about Toy Story movies!

    Me too! I’m definitely a game girl! I think it can be such a great way to get to know people better.

    I think that’s great! Even when women start to have white show, I really like it when they don’t dye their hair. I’m not against it I guess I’m just a fan of natural beauty. So, great for you!

    I’m glad you enjoyed this post. =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Livia- Thank you very much! I’m glad you like my blog and how I changed the post. Thanks for following my blog! Have a great rest of your Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Hannah!

    Thank you and welcome to my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!