Thursday, October 27, 2011

Trust...



Trust.

I’m thinking about trust tonight.

Trust is precious and valuable. Oh so valuable.
Worth more than money,
Not something to be taken lightly,
Not something to be given lightheartedly.

Trust.

As I’ve grown I’ve had to earn it. My parents have honored me with the weight of their words,
“We trust you. You’ve earned our trust.”

Powerful.
Those words are powerful and sink into me tonight.
They trust me.

Trust is more valuable than any sum of money.
Trust is precious.

As I ponder that five letter word beginning with a “t”, I’m overwhelmed as a verse rings through my ears.

Proverbs 3:5 – “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding."

Trust.

That thing more valuable than any sum of money,
And, the precious word that shouldn’t be given lightly.

We are called to trust in the Lord with all our heart.  

That word in the midst of that verse has so much more meaning tonight.

He is more worthy of trust than anyone, yet sometimes I say no.
I hold onto that which is expressed in English with five letters that begin with a “t”.
I hold onto that which is more precious than any sum of money,
And I say, “No.”
My heart aches for the times I’ve said “no” and pulled back.

I want to trust.
To really trust-
The One who deserves it most of all.



Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you ever so much for commenting on my blog, it was really encouraging :) I'm a Christian too, although I do struggle with my faith quite a bit. Hope you're having a good day xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! You're very welcome! =)
    I'm glad my comment was encouraging to you.
    Thanks for following my blog.

    As I was thinking about your comment I realized that all of us struggle at times, it's what we do in the midst of the struggles that matters most.
    I hope that my blog will be encouraging to you!

    I look forward to getting to know you better through the blogging world.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!