Monday, October 3, 2011

A Magnificent Monday and thoughts on happiness...

Hello everyone!

It's another Magnificent Monday! I feel as though I've been "missing in action" a bit lately. Not posting as much as I like, but thus is life in some ways.

I've had a good Monday. After a very busy weekend filled with thrift store shopping, movie watching, mini-concert jiving, and visiting with friends I've been a bit tired today, but very blessed. I must say, there is just something special about music being sung and played under the open sky. If you've never experienced that I hope you do at some point in your life. It is special.

For today I wanted to share a story with all of you and a few pictures. As many gals sometimes do, I had a chocolate craving this past week. Oh yes, the I NEED chocolate kind of chocolate craving. I happen to have the most amazing Momma in the world who swung by the store and purchased some scrumptious Dove chocolate. Now, I must point out, I truly enjoy the taste and texture of Dove chocolate, but it's a major bonus to my word girl heart to enjoy the little messages in each individual wrapper.
The night that I unwrapped the very first chocolate my taste buds rejoiced and my creative heart sang with joy as I read the little message inside.

"Happiness looks great on you."
I smiled.
Happiness looks good on me?
Not just good, it looks great?
Yes, I guess it does.
Happiness looks great on me.
Doesn't true happiness look great on everyone?
Not the someone dropped all their books and so the hallway all filled up laughed at the mess sort of "happy",
Not the I'm "happy" now because I got back at them for what they did,
And not the I'm "happy" now because I have all the "stuff" that's desired.
No, I speak of true happiness. The pure happiness.
The kind where we laugh because we are having good fun,
The singing glory songs under an open star filled-moon glow sky,
The true happiness in the midst of every day things in life.

Guess what? 
Happiness looks great on you. 
Really, it does.
Even the toothless look beautiful when they smile with true happiness.
So, you, with all or most of your teeth in tact need to see that true happiness looks great on you.


This handsome fellow is my brother. It's hard to believe this deep voiced boy-man that can pick me up is the same guy I used to have sit in my lap when he was little . Time flies by one day at a time.

We have a lot of fun together. Can you tell?

He makes me laugh.

One day, (a long, long, long time from now) I have a feeling that some special gal will love how he makes her laugh too.

Blessings,
Sarah

P.S. Like the new header? =)

2 comments:

  1. The new header is beautiful, Sarah, and yes, happiness looks great on you!

    Bye

    Liseli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for your kind words!
    I'm glad you like the new header. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!