Friday, September 9, 2011

Five minute Friday: In real life...


Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.





This week's prompt is: In real life...

In real life two friends sit face to face.
One cups her hands around hot coffee,
The other around ice-tea.
They’ve been friends since they were tiny.
There is an undeniable history between them.
Somehow no matter how much time elapses between get-togethers and chats they still connect when they come together again.
The conversation isn’t too awkward when they re-meet, there is laughter to be found, and there are encouraging words to be mutually spoken.
This is real life.
This is my real life.
To share words with friends face to face.
To smell the drink in their hands, see the muscles move on their face, and hear the sound waves straight from their mouth to my own ears.
Real life is breathing in, taking in, hearing, smelling, seeing, and being.
It’s being.
Friendship in real life- that is what I felt last night.

 Blessings,
Sarah 

P.S. In real life I also have the most amazing sister in the whole world. She is lovely and I cherish our friendship so very much! I just wanted to brag on her a bit tonight.
 

5 comments:

  1. I love the tangibility of it! I so appreciate those real life friends that you can feel and breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friends truly are a gift of God and what makes our life....real. So thankful you have been blessed with a treasure you call "Friend".
    I thoroughy enjoyed your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is remarkable.

    you resonate with love, dear one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had never heard of this prompt and I really like it. I also really love what you wrote. I've been dealing with a bit of old-friend-drama and I think what you wrote made me realise some truths about that friendship. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenn- Thank you, Jenn! I really appreciate it too. There is just something indescribably different about spending time with a person face to face.

    Stacy- Hello Stacy! Thank you so much! I’m so very grateful for the precious friendships I’m blessed with. I’m truly glad that you enjoyed my post!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Rachel- Hi Rachel! Thank you so very much! I’m honored to have you say that! Your comments always bless my heart.

    Lauren- Hello Lauren! I really enjoy participating in this prompt each Friday! It’s a creative way to write/share based off of each week’s prompt and it is also a great way to meet others in the blogging community. I’m sorry that you’ve been dealing with old-friend-drama. I’m honored that in my own small way my words were helpful and possibly encouraging to you.
    Thank you for taking the time to comment!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!