Tuesday, September 27, 2011

CFS/FM Diaries: School- One day at a time...

Hello everyone!

I believe it is about time for another edition of CFS/FM Diaries.
This is a rather long post and it is devoted to updates on my health issues. I realize that not everyone wants to read about my health updates so I have recently decided to title the posts that are devoted to that topic the CFS/FM Diaries.

I've been reasonably well lately. I still have good days and bad days, I still have symptoms every day, but I also have much more ability to do things especially when it comes to school work.

I feel like I'm slowly improving to back where I was health-wise last autumn. I'm currently able to do 9-15 hours of school a week with each day being about 2-3 hours. I honestly don't know how it happened, but towards the end of the summer my "brain fog" suddenly lessened! Now, it is still around especially when I over due. But, I can't tell you how much of a blessing it is to be able to do some school work again. I feel like since January I barely accomplished anything until this month. A friend recently emailed and asked how I'm doing these days. As part of my reply I shared in regards to school that-

~I must be willing to sometimes just say that, "Today is a rest day and that is okay."~

That is so very true. There are some days that my body has worsened symptoms. I don't always understand what triggers those days, but I have to be willing to set aside my schedule and instead rest.
I think one of the hardest things about these two syndromes is that I don't really have any idea what the future holds. In reality, no human does, but when one is healthy it is easier to guess and plan. I so easily become overwhelmed and even sometimes really upset when I try to think even a year ahead. I've always been a planner yet planning is so tentative now. I'm truly having to learn to trust and walk out one day at a time. That's not to say I can't dream or plan things, but I must be willing to let them go if things change.


Other updates...

I re-visit the new doctor's office next week and I'm curious to see what my lab reports+adrenal lab test show.

I had two pretty bad Fibromyalgia (FM) days last week and I came up with a new words picture for the pain.
Sometimes I forget that my pain isn't "normal" and that my family doesn't feel what I feel. The bad pain began on an evening and was fairly bad all night. I thankfully slept some which helps the pain not be as bad the next day. But, oh, when I woke up I felt terrible. I haven't had a morning where I woke up in pain and feeling exhausted in quite awhile. (That is thankfully because my body has been sleeping soooo much better lately! Yay!) As I went about my day my Momma knew what a bad night I had the night before and that I was in a lot of pain. I took a bit of time thinking about how to explain it to her and I finally found a good description.
I felt like a bunch of people had gone under my skin while I was asleep and punched my muscles and tendons over and over again until I woke up- leaving me sore and beat-up. 

A little graphic, but that actually made sense to my family.

I also realized when I had those two pretty bad days that I'm so very thankful for the good days and the incredible blessing of improved sleep that I've been enjoying lately. When I wake up in the mornings and realize I'm not in terrible pain and that I don't feel like I weigh a ton I sing a little thank you in my heart. 

That's the latest and I'll be writing another update once I have my appointment next week.

Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Thanks for checking my blog out! I love your blog, its really touching to read someone else's stories. Keep on persevering!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Abby!

    You're very welcome!

    Thank you so much for coming by my blog and for your kind words!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!