Saturday, August 6, 2011

I still have joy...


I see it as I’m resting, thanking, and thinking on my bed.
One word written in chalk on a mini chalkboard.

Joy.


What a beautiful word.

Even in the midst of feeling down-right yucky with sore throat and body aches all day- I still have joy.
Even in the midst of the family stress with all that is going on with my dear Mema- I still have joy.
Even when Daddy came home weary and tired from most of the day at the hospital and sharing the news that Mema had experienced a heart attack without anyone even knowing it- I still have joy.
Even in the midst of once again realizing that my plans are tentative and at any point may change course- I still have joy.

I have joy.
I am thankful.

I’ve been reading Ann Voskamp’s book One Thousand Gifts and writing a list of my own. Words can’t truly express how much thankfulness is gradually becoming a new way of life. I usually can’t bring myself to mark in books, but this book is different. I come across sections that make me gasp, sigh, think, and that move me and I carefully dragged a blue-inked line under the words. I mark the parts so that each time I go back they will jump out at me again.

“…And I, too, would nod and say straight-faced, “I’m thankful for everything.” But in this counting gifts, to one thousand, more, I discover that slapping a sloppy brush of thanksgiving over everything in my life leaves me deeply thankful for very few things in my life.” –Ann Voskamp

How true I’m discovering those words to be in my own life.

20. Mema singing to the hospital staff.
21. The blessing of winning new little lovelies from the blog world.

Visit Kelly's blog The Pretty Bee and Etsy Shop: Linkel Designs





22. Fresh baked muffins that Sissy made.
…29. For a time of walking down book/memory lane with my red-headed friend Tiffany.
An old picture of the two of us in line for a concert. =) Good memories.
 
A candid shot of my beautiful friend Tiffany.

…40. Breath to blow ink dry.

There is a small glimpse of my thankfulness.


What are you thankful for today?  

Blessings,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. so glad you like the jewelry! pretty photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my gracious.................That is me. Your sweet (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that is you, my lovely friend! =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!