Friday, August 26, 2011

Five minute Friday: Older...

Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. Well, I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.


This week's prompt is: Older...



Start…

Grandma’s hands have grown older-
Just like the rest of her.
She isn’t as young as she used to be and in some ways her body is weary.
But, she is still oh so beautiful to me.
I love to hear her voice over the phone.
I’m so blessed by the times I’ve flown away from home to see her in that Alaska land far away.
She is beautiful to me.

This journey of life is filled with unexpected things, but it is also filled with beauty.
This older picture of my Grandma’s hands that I took before my body began to have its difficulties.
That long ago summer that I spent a blessed time alone with her.

Her hands are beautiful with all the wrinkles, veins, and “blemishes” intact.

I’ve grown older since then, but I will always love her and the picture of her hands.



Stop.

2 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful blog! I love the poem about your grandma. I have worked many years with the elderly and my favorite thing to do was hold their hands. I often wished their hands could speak of the many stories of thier life. Thanks for sharing your gift of words with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kim!

    Thank you very much!
    That's a beautiful word picture and thought...hands to speak of the stories they can no longer tell with their lips.
    Thank you for coming by and reading my heart-pouring!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!