Friday, August 19, 2011

Five minute Friday: New...


Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. Well, I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.





This weeks prompt is: New

Here I go...
Start:

A new day!
This morning I woke with a smile on my face.
Today is a new day.
Off I went to greet the morning.
The sun was not yet lighting up the sky.
I tossed on some clothes and went outside with camera in hand to try to capture glimpses of beauty again.
It’s been a long time since I’ve greeted the new sunrise as it tells the town to awaken.
It was nice to watch the light grow and grow and to sit out under the fading moon as the two lights switched places.

Today is a new day.
A day filled with flowers, puppy-dog eyes, sister drawing, Momma reading, family loving, hearts thumping, words being written, songs being song, and light shining brightly.
Today is a new day.
There are new things to celebrate, new glimpses of beauty to capture, and new songs to be song.
Each day new beauty has begun.  

Stop.

Glimpses of beauty that I captured with the camera eye on this new day...

Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link



Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link




 Have you taken time to glimpse beauty this new day?

Blessings,
Sarah


9 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Your enthusiasm for the morning sun and the new day made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing in both words and images!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved every bit of this! The pink flowers detail, the shadows and the pup (of course)! Thanks for stopping by my post so I could find this beauty!
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!Just read this morning...makes me want to live FULLY in His presence today and take in all the beauty around me :) Thanks for stopping over at my blog too ;) God bless you this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that last flower photo... so beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stringsattachedministries- Thank you very much! I’m glad my enthusiasm made you smile.

    Belva Rae Staples- Thank you for your kind comment.

    HopeAnnFaith- Thank you very much! I’m so glad you loved all of this! Aw…you’re very welcome! I’m glad that I went and read your post.

    Charissa Steyn- Thank you so very much! I’m glad my post inspired you today.
    I truly enjoyed stopping over at your blog! =D
    Thank you!

    Sarah- Thank you very much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Sarah, you've worked a bit of magic with your beautiful words and pictures. What a joy to find so much "newness!"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved that last one! You are a great photographer! As an artist, you are interpreting beauty to help others see it. Keep it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Linda- Thank you very much!

    Ruthiey- Thank you very much! I’m actually very new at photography and still learning to use my current camera. Thank you for your encouraging words. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!