Friday, July 29, 2011

A roller-coaster week and a few little lovelies...


Hello everyone!

It’s been a roller-coaster week.
Part of the not so wonderful part is that my dear Mema is in the hospital. 
She had her gallbladder removed today.

Last night my family and I went and visited her in the hospital. The procedure went smoothly and she is expected to recover well, but it is still unpleasant to see her in the hospital.
Mema also has fairly severe dementia.
She repeats her thoughts.
She startles with confusion in her hazel eyes every few minutes as she notices the wires and tape on her skin.
She knows not where she is or how long it has been since she arrived.
And yet,
She smiles,
She laughs,
And there was not a hint of anger or bitterness in her demeanor- for that I'm immensely thankful.
I love her.

In some ways, hospital visits make me feel like this…
Flickr: Link
-a little sad, a little gloomy, rather thoughtful, quiet, and contemplative. 

Even in the midst of feeling emotionally drained there is still loveliness, light, hope, and joy.

Want to see a few other little glimpses from my week?

I surprised my siblings with a little snack. Guess what was on the back???
Ta-da!!! I got a good laugh out of this "punny" marketing.
I found these little lovelies at the dollar store and they were creatively calling my name. Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link

I turned those little lovelies into two lovely bouquets. Here is the first bouquet. Flickr: Link

Flickr: Link
Flickr: Link
Here is the second lovely bouquet.

Flickr: Link

How has your week been?

Don't forget to take time to admire the little lovelies in life.

Blessings,
Sarah


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!