Monday, July 18, 2011

Magnificent Monday and critters...

Hello everyone!

I hope you have been enjoying another Magnificent Monday!
If I'm really honest it has been a bit of a difficult Monday for me.
I don't want to complain, so I will simply say I've been in bed most of the day and not feeling so great.
On Sunday I was blessed to share a new spoken word as part of the worship at church and then I attended youth group that evening. I'm learning that pretty much any time I go out and about a pay for it some with worse symptoms. But, I want to still live life, so I just have to live it differently and more carefully than others.

Today has been an easy going day. I've been resting, reading, journaling, and watching a bit of odds and ends. Currently I'm reading a book called The Help by Kathryn Stocket. It's been a wonderful book so far! I ordered the book from the library after hearing that a movie based on the book is coming out I believe this summer. I hope to see the movie, but I when I learned it was a book I thought I would read the book before seeing the movie.

Do you have any movies you are looking forward to seeing this summer?

Speaking of movies, my family and I recently went and saw Cars 2 with friends. (It was part of belated birthday celebrations for my youngest brother J.) It was my first time to actually go to the movies in a really long time. It was nice to be there and I enjoyed the movie! It made me laugh, smile, and I really did enjoy it.

Now, to the critters portion of this post!
I've been enjoying photographing my critters around the house as I use my new camera. So, I thought I would share some fun shots with all of you!

This picture was actually taken on my old camera. Isn't he a cutie???

Intense.

Focused.

There's that smile I love!

Contemplating trouble.

Sometimes she acts like royalty. =)

Sleepy. (And, probably ready for me to stop taking his picture.)

Last but not least...our guest critter a tiny baby gecko! Let me tell you they run fast, but I was able to snap this quick photo. =D

What are you looking forward to the rest of this week?

Blessings,
Sarah

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I loved The Help! One of my favorite books. And, yes, the movie is coming out this summer - I can't wait!!

    We rarely go to the theater but we always make sure to see the latest Harry Potter movie! We went on Sunday - it was fabulous!

    Glad you enjoyed Cars 2 - Pixar movies are just so amazing and clever - we just watched Toy Story 3 last weekend.

    Gorgeous pictures!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Sue,

    It was a very good book! I finished it a few days ago and I was truly moved by it.
    I'm excited too! I may even make it a point to see it in up on the big screen.

    My family and I don't often go to the theater either. It's funny though, this weekend I'll actually be taking a little boy I used to watch to see Winnie the Pooh this weekend. (That's two movies in one summer and if I see The Help it will be three! haha I can't even remember the last time that happened.)

    Yes, we love Pixar movies! The short film before Cars 2 was actually an adorable Toy Story short film! Yay! I love me some Toy Story. =D

    Thank you!

    -Sarah



    Hi Kelly!
    Thank you very much!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!