Friday, July 29, 2011

Five minute Friday: Still...

Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. Well, I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.



This weeks prompt is: Still...

Here I go...




Start:

Still…

Still was my body as I rode in the car.
In motion were my thoughts as I sat oh so still.
I took the time to be still.
To breathe-
In.
Out.
In.
Out.
There is beauty in the stillness and beauty in motion.
Both are needed.
If there was no stillness, I doubt that we would appreciate the motion.
If there was no motion we would all be stuck still as a statue.
There is a time for stillness.
A time to rest and to simply
be.
I will take time to be still,
Time to rest,
And time to just be.

In.
Out.
In.
Out.

-I’m still and taking time to breathe.

Stop.

Do you take time to be still?

Blessings,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. sometimes we rush through our days barely having time to breath... so true!

    Nice to meet you.

    http://ordinaryinspirations.blogspot.com/2011/07/five-minute-friday-still.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your kind comment, Traci! =)

    Nice to "meet" you too.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!