Friday, July 8, 2011

5 minute Friday: Grateful...


Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. Well, I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.

This weeks prompt is: Grateful...

Here I go…





Start:

Yesterday I had a pretty bad CFS/FM crash. It was from overdoing in the area of mental exertion.
I have been trying to see how my mind handles a couple of school subjects. It’s funny how physical exertion and mental exertion aren’t equal. I have physically been able to go out and about for 3-4 hours at a time without pushing it too much. But, mental exertion of 60 minutes can cause me to be exhausted.

Yesterday  I was feeling down in the dumps for a bit about how bad I was feeling and how little school I am able to do. Then, in that gentle whisper Daddy God spoke reminded me,

I don’t have to do it all.
School does not have to define me.
I need to be grateful for how much I have improved instead of wishing for more to be able to do.
I’m truly grateful for the reminder that this “crash” has brought to me. 

Stop. 

What are you grateful for today?
Blessings,
Sarah

P.S. I'm realizing that it is still so easy for me to go into what I call ‘Little-Miss-Overachiever’ mode. Over a year and a half of dealing with these health issues and I still go into that mode. Yet, in it all Daddy God is teaching me. He is teaching me to give myself permission to rest, to realize that I am more than good grades, activities, and achievements, and he is teaching me to be still and know that He is God.

A grateful heart is truly a more joyful heart. On days that I feel down one of the best things I have learned to do is write out a list of thanks. I'm truly grateful today.

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, I am just catching up (a tiny bit!) on my blog reading, and I just saw this post. First, it prompted me to simply remind you that I continue to pray for you, for perserverance as well as healing. But, I was also struck by what a beautiful thing God is doing in your life. He is creating in you a beauty that cannot be created by the world, a beauty refined by pain that, as it transforms your life, will lead to the transformation of the lives of others. Blessings to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennifer!

    Thank you so much for your prayers and taking the time to write that comment.
    Your words truly blessed my heart!

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!