Monday, June 13, 2011

A magnificent Monday and a list of learning...

Today is another Magnificent Monday! I plan to take today to relax, clean a bit, and go out to lunch with a friend. As of yesterday it is also week two of 52 lists in 52 weeks. 

This week's prompt was to share a list of what you have learned from somewhere you have traveled. I chose to write about what I learned from South Africa. I don't think that it is possible to list everything I learned from that trip, but today I have listed my top four. (We also happen to have a lovely world map that I was able to photograph for today's list!) 

When I was 14 years old I was blessed to go on a trip to South Africa that truly changed my life.


Here is my list:

Flickr: Link

Have you learned interesting and impacting things from somewhere you have traveled to or been?

I truly hope that you are having another Magnificent Monday!

Blessings,
Sarah

P.S. If you would like to join in the fun of 52 lists in 52 weeks feel free to visit this blog!
Happy list making!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sara,

    What a lovely post! I am originally from South Africa and we moved to Canada when I was 17. I miss my extended family who still live there and hope to go back for a visit one day with my hubby and two boys.

    It is such a beautiful country and I really can't even begin to tell you how interesting my life was as a child! But one thing I will say is that I have never seen beaches as beautiful as the ones over there!

    Hugs,
    Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Shelly,

    Thank you for your lovely comment! It was a beautiful country and I definitely left part of my heart there. Wow! That seems like it would be a big change to move from South Africa to Canada!

    That sounds splendid! I myself didn't visit the beaches while I was there. But, maybe someday I will have a chance to go back and visit them.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!