Friday, June 24, 2011

5 Minute Friday: Wonder...

Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. Well, I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.

Here I go...




Wonder:

The very first thing that came to mind is the Dr. Seuss book Oh the Places You’ll Go.
In the book there is a waiting place. In a way, everyone who is in the waiting place is probably wondering. Wondering when it’s time to go, wondering when things will change, and wondering when the phone will finally ring.

I can identify with wondering and waiting. I’m wondering what the future holds. Of course, no human really knows what the future holds, but sometimes I can’t help but wonder.

There is another kind of wonder too. The wonder of being in awe. The wonder that comes when you see the intricacies of a butterfly’s wing, the wonder of a fresh new baby born, the wonder of all the colors that flowers can be, and the ultimate wonder of my Creator.

Do you wonder about the future?
Do you stand in wonder too?

Blessings,
Sarah

4 comments:

  1. I love this! And YES I do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. first off...love your font. sometimes fancy fonts are impossible to read but yours is clear. I never would have picked it but it works great! Good job.
    I loved reading your writing.
    This is the second time recently I have heard of this book.
    I think I will need to check it out. Never was a big Seuss fan.
    Tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Sarah. I have done a lot of that first kind of wondering recently. Even as a Grandmother, I wonder what this new season of life will bring.
    And the wonder of God. It is truly a miraculous wonder!
    Thanks so much for visiting. It is a delight to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello everyone! Thank you for your kind words and welcome to my blog!

    Rena- Thank you! I'm glad that you do too!

    Aseedinspired.com- Thank you! That is a major compliment to me. I worked very carefully to find something that expressed a bit of me while still being easy to read!

    Thank you very much!

    Yes, you should check it out! My Dad read it to me ever since I was little and it has been a very inspiring and whimsical book. haha Though, I am a bit biased as I have always been a major Seuss fan. =)

    Linda- Thank you so much for your kind comment! I'm so glad that I came across your blog and I am now enjoying following it.

    You're very welcome! It's a delight to meet your blogger acquaintance too!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!