Friday, June 17, 2011

5 minute Friday: Home...

Today I am linking up to The Gypsy Mama. Every Friday she posts a prompt and for five minutes (only five minutes) she writes. Once the five minutes are up no editing or changes can be made. Well, I decided to link up and write my own five minute piece.




So, here it goes...

Home:

Home is where the heart is. Or so the saying goes. I am realizing that my home is where my heart is.
My home is in my family’s house, at my church where my “extended family” is every Sunday, at the little bench where I’ve written so many poems, and there is a little bit of home in all the places that still hold a piece of my heart.

But, home is also somewhere that I can’t even imagine. There is an eternal home which the details of I can’t even fathom. Part of my heart is there, in heaven. There with the loved ones who’ve gone before me, there with the beauty and no sorrow, and ultimately there with my Creator. When my time on this earth is done, my home will be with Him.

So, home is where the heart is. Where does that have your home to be?

Blessings,
Sarah  

3 comments:

  1. I love all the places where your heart is home, especially with your church family. It is great to find a place of community so close to your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! So glad that you have found home within a church family, I envy you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey V- Welcome to my humble blogger home! Thank you for your kind comment! Yes, it is such a blessing.

    Rambling Heather- Thank you very much! I pray that you (if you don't already) will find the church family that God has for you. Community is such a powerful and beautiful thing. Welcome to my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!