Tuesday, May 31, 2011

When the days blend together...

Hello everyone!

I have gone about my day thinking it was Monday and Tuesday all blended into one day! Oops! All of the activities and things I go about doing on Mondays and Tuesdays I did today. I logged onto the computer with ideas swirling in my mind about my subject for another Magnificent Monday when I realized that today is Tuesday. Three day weekends seem to scramble my thoughts and make the days blend together. Oh, well!

I hope all of you had a magnificent Monday and Memorial Day weekend! I'm so very thankful for those who have served and laid down their lives for our country's freedom and safety.

Today I thought I would share a few fun creations that I have made. The first is my Super-Monkey. He is a lovable sock monkey that I made a few years ago. I found the sock-monkey kit on clearance at a craft store and this little fellow was just waiting to be made. The original kit instructed you to make a bedtime sock monkey with a nightcap, slippers, and felted teddy-bear. The idea was cute, but I much preferred the creativity of creating my own little character. So, the fabric for his nightcap became a cape and the fabric for the teddy-bear was used to create the "S" on his chest

Super-Monkey! Flickr: Link
A few years ago.
Present day. Flickr: Link

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's Super-Monkey! Flickr: Link
Next I would like to share a crocheted critter that I have been working on. She is a lovely little Amigurumi style Dachshund. I have decided to name her LuLu. LuLu will be going off on an adventure in the mail sometime soon. (Can you keep a secret? Lulu is a little surprise gift for my Grandma who has a real Dachshund!)

If you would like to make your own Amigurumi Dachshund you can find the free pattern here: Lion Brand-Amigurumi Wiener Dog Pattern  

LuLu decided to check out my newest book. Flickr: Link
Flickr: Link

I hope you had a Magnificent Monday and a Terrific Tuesday!

Blessings,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!