Sunday, May 8, 2011

Sunshine Blessings and a Bit About Me...


Never underestimate the impact that a small act of kindness, gift of love, word of encouragement, or letter of blessing can have on someone. This week I received a card in the mail from my former mentor. She is a wonderful woman and I love her dearly. She was celebrating a recent accomplishment of mine. Her card is like a burst of sunshine. I have it pinned up beside my bed and every time I look at it I think of joy, her love for me, her caring words, and the design on the front makes me think of the pleasant aspects of dandelions.


Isn’t it incredible what the simple act of buying a card and writing a note inside can do for someone?

It never ceases to amaze me.


I have been debating about sharing about my health issues, but I have decided that it is too much a part of my life not to share. So, here we go! I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and I was recently diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. This past year and a half has been a complicated and crazy time for me. The health issues of CFS and Fibromyalgia have shaken my world and then turned it upside down like a snow globe. 
On May 12th it's in the works to share more of the story of my health journey with all of you and tell you more about CFS and Fibromyalgia.   

I wanted to share about my health for a few reasons. First of all it majorly impacts my life. Second, I have come to realize how encouraging it can be to read another person’s story and know that you are not alone in this health struggle. I hope that maybe one day someone else will read my blog and be encouraged. And lastly, I hope that I can be a part of spreading positive awareness of CFS and Fibromyalgia. These two illnesses are very real and complicated.

Please know that I am not just going to write about my health on here! I look forward to sharing crafts, odds and ends, writing, glimpses of loveliness, and some aspects of my life. I will write about my health, but it will not be all that I write about.

So, with all of that being said, I hope you will continue reading my blog and maybe pass it on to a friend.
Happy Mother's day to all the wonderful mothers reading this!!!! 
And remember, you never know how a small thing like a card can bring a ray of sunshine to another person's day. =)  

Blessings,
Sarah   

4 comments:

  1. I agree so much about letters and cards!! I make an effort to write thank you notes (real hand-written ones sent through the mail) because I think it means so much to know someone appreciates you or is thinking of you. Glad you got a card that brightened your day!

    When I left my other comment, I wasn't sure yet if you were mentioning CFS and FM on your blog, so I kept it kind of cryptic! I agree with you that sharing your own story can be very powerful for others. All the best to you and please let me know if you want help connecting with other teens with CFS and FM.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I make an effort with thank you cards too! There is just something special when it comes to receiving/giving a hand-written letter or note.

    Ah! I see! Thank you again! If all goes well, my family and I will probably be contacting you in the very near future.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, I am so happy to see that you are willing to share your real life on your blog. You would not be YOU without it. Having a blog that seems to make you too "perfect" isn't very fun to follow. People want to know that you are real...really real.

    As I am not totally familiar with your disease, I cannot exactly identify with you...however my son Tristan (7) has a rare Rheumetalogical Disease called Linear Schleroderma en coup de Sabre. (mouthful I know!) Anyway...it is a constant struggle with visits to Children's Hospital and because he's on low dose Chemo he is always coming home with the latest cold/flu (which is why I'm sick today) SO, that being said, I can feel for you....have compassion for you and your plight. It makes me feel a sense of connection...and helps me to find the right words to pray for you. Our God is bigger than all of this right? Yet it is so nice to know that there are others out there struggling along side of us. I will be praying for you and checking in from time to time to see how you are doing. I look forward to seeing what you're up to next! :) Keep your chin up dearie, you are doing yourself, and the rest of the blogging world a huge favor by just being you! :)
    T.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I am glad too. I do believe that you are right. Part of blogging is sharing life, and not just the bright and happy sides.

    Wow! I had read a bit on your blog and knew your son is sick, but I didn't know the specifics. I will keep you and your precious little one in my prayers. Illness does have a way of making an even better connection between one another. Thank you for your prayers!

    Yes, our God is absolutely bigger than all of this! Honestly, I couldn't have made it through all of this without Him. Thank you so much for your prayers and support!

    Aw...thank you for saying that. Already I feel like blogging is therapy. It's an avenue for me to be creative and hopefully encourage, bless, and inspire others.

    Blessings,
    Sarah

    P.S. On May 12th I am planning to post more on the two illnesses that I have along with more of my story. It will be long, but if you have time that entry will give you more information about the illnesses and how they effect my life.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!