Thursday, May 19, 2011

Birthday blessings...


I am currently in a moderate “crash” from all of my birthday festivities that occurred on Tuesday. (A crash is when my body reacts negatively to the amount or particular activities that I did. It is basically an increased amount of my symptoms such as fatigue, lymph node swelling, sore throat, fever, body aches, and so on. But, my birthday was totally worth this moderate crash!)
I had an absolutely marvelous birthday and I thought I would share some of my precious blessings with all of you.

Tuesday started off marvelously from the very beginning. My precious Momma had gotten up extra early to make my favorite muffins. Then, my sister wanted to make my morning special too so she had the table all set nicely, an apron tied around her waist, and a menu for me to make my selections from. I loved the cute little menu she typed up for me to order from. 

Lovely flowers to brighten the table.


A shot from above.

A little "Happy Birthday" sign.

This menu was such a wonderful idea!
 After a lovely morning, my dear friend Sara Beth came to pick me up and take me to a little bistro for lunch. When I walked out to her car she had a little treasure box of goodies waiting for me on the seat. Among the goodies was a beautiful butterfly notebook, a poem she wrote just for me, a pretty little vintage necklace, and a lovely card with showers of blessings written inside. Lunch was marvelous and so was my time spent with her.

My treasure box of blessings.
Isn't this little box splendid!?


The adorable vintage necklace Sara Beth gave me.


I spent the afternoon resting a little bit and then spending time with one of my brothers. We played an old video game called Wacky-Wheels. I absolutely love that old video game and my brother and I had a blast playing, laughing, and chatting together as we drove our wacky animal cars in races and shot hedgehogs to cause the other cars to spin out.
  
I spent the evening enjoying tortilla pizza, strawberry ice-cream, family time, laughter, and the blessings of many gifts and loving words. I was positively spoiled rotten by my family and friends! 
I was truly blessed by all of my birthday gifts, but I wanted to share a few of my favorites.
The first gift is from my sweet parents. Not only did that put together a bag of fun odds and ends, but they also allowed me to browse around Etsy and pick out an item of my choosing. I chose this beautiful locket and I now await its arrival in the mail with pleasant anticipation! (I greatly enjoy receiving fun mail! But, then again who doesn't like receiving fun mail?) I found this lovely locket over at Sarus Crafts-Etsy Shop. The creator places miniatures of her original art into jewelry pieces!

Photo Credit goes to Sarus Crafts
My second favorite was from my sweet sister. My favorite flowers are white daisies and she gave me gifts that were daisy themed! 
My daisy gifts. And, of course I had to put a daisy in my hair!
Then my youngest brother thought I needed an airplane launcher gun. I've had great fun launching the little airplanes around the house. 



Posing with my new airplane launcher.

Last (but not least) I want to share the adorable piggy bank that my other brother gave me! He picked it out all by himself and I think the piggy is absolutely adorable! 
My cute little piggy.
It was a wonderful birthday and I hope you have enjoyed a little glimpse of the festivities!
 
By the way, I have an adorable little crocheted critter I have almost completed that I look forward to sharing with you soon!

Before I go, I would like to share a fun opportunity with all of you!
Over at Gingermelon Dolls there is a giveaway going on. Seven winners will be randomly selected to receive one of the two new patterns that Shelly has created! All you have to do is leave a comment and share which pattern you would like to receive. Shelly will draw the names of the seven winners on May 22nd!

I think Shelly's little Raggamuffins are delightful! So, what are you waiting for!?

Here is the giveaway page: Gingermelon Dolls-Pattern Giveaway

Blessings,
Sarah


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday! You are right - you are blessed. It sounds like you have such kind, loving, sweet family and friends...I smiled all the way through your post and your lovely pictures.

    So glad you enjoyed your special day, even if you are paying for it a bit. I had a big day yesterday (my mom was visiting) and was on the couch most of today, too. Sometimes, the effort and the fun are worth the crash!

    Happy belated Birthday!!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!! It looks like you had an extra special day. I also love Shelly's little creations and follow her blog because I just love to see what she creates next. Take care of yourself and have a great day:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue-

    Thank you very much! I'm glad my post put a smile on your face! =)

    Yes, I absolutely agree! There are times that it is so worth the "payback" you know your body will give you. I'm slowly learning to be careful, but also to take the time to do special events/days even if it means dealing with a moderate crash afterwords.

    Thank you for the belated birthday wishes! =)

    Mary Ann-

    Thank you very much! Her creations are truly lovely! I am glad that you enjoy them too. Thank you for the birthday wishes and I am indeed taking care. =)

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!