Thursday, April 28, 2011

Returning to the wonderful world of crochet...






Hello all!

It is about time that I get things rolling on here. So, today I thought I would share a simple crochet project that I just recently finished.

I have recently returned to the wonderful craft of crochet. I am truly enjoying the rhythmic and artistic aspects of crochet again. For me it is truly a great stress reliever to sit down with a hook, some fun yarn, and perhaps a pattern to create a brand new something.

This shopping bag with attached floral brooch was a simple and fun project to do.

The bag pattern can be found for free here:

JoAnn- Crocheted Flowers  (You will need to create an account to be able to view the free patterns on Sugar'n Cream's website, but it is well worth it!)

I ended up not doing the exact pattern.
Here is a list of what I did differently:

1. I crocheted 1” less of the mesh section than the pattern called for.
2. I used a U.S. 6 size crochet hook because I don’t own a U.S. 7.
3. I didn’t work the edging around the strap.

Next, I crocheted a lovely large flower!
The free flower pattern can be found here:


I made one flower from the instructions and sewed a button into the center. With the button in the center the flower is flatter than the one on the website. I then attached the flower to a pin-back and now have a lovely detachable accent to my shopping bag!

I used the suggested yarn in a different color and followed the pattern directions. The only thing that I changed was the size hook. I used a smaller hook for my finished flower because the larger hook made the flower a little bigger than my liking. (Unfortunately, I didn’t write down what size hook I used for my finished flower. In the future I will be sure to take better notes on any alterations I make on projects.)

I hope you have enjoyed this little bit of crafting odds and ends!

I am now working on a few other projects that I hope to share very soon.

Blessings,
Sarah  

2 comments:

  1. Purple happens to be my favourite colour): Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This purple yarn is a very fun color!
    You're very welcome!

    ReplyDelete

Hello and welcome to my blog!
I'm honored that you are at my blogger abode.

I simply ask that you please keep comments clean and respectful. Thank you!

Also, I do my very best to respond back to each and every comment that readers and guests so graciously leave. So, if you leave a comment, be sure to keep an eye out for a personal response back from me!

Blessings!